Astec has championed virtualisation of manufacturing systems for over a decade, using established VMware and Hyper-V software to deliver secure, resilient and robust solutions.
The virtual platform can be leveraged to protect against security threats and recover quickly from disruption, while eliminating the need to run costly multiple physical servers. Prevalent in IT system architecture, virtualisation is a mature technology proven to reduce risk and improve return on investment. Fewer physical servers reduce energy overheads, and flexible architecture makes resource re-allocation straightforward when requirements change.
Astec provides full training so customers are able to support and maintain the system in-house – both in the short and long term. Upgrades are made quick and painless using virtual templates, and the virtualised system can be part of a private infrastructure, cloud based, or a hybrid configuration, depending on individual requirements.
Increase your bottom line
- Reduce scheduled and unscheduled downtime
- Save space and associated costs
- Reduced energy / carbon footprint
- Reduced engineering costs from easier system deployment, maintenance and test simulations
- Virtual machines are isolated to contain failures
- Secure network using firewalls
- Restricted user access to host provides additional layer of security
- Up to date anti-virus software on hyper-visor and security patches installed whenever necessary
- Separation of corporate network to protect production network